9 de mai. de 2010

Alice by Laura Yamnei Law



Lewis Carroll has long since been as inspiration in Gothic culture. From his Victorian tales to Walt Disney's charming cartoon, to American Mc Gee's macabre computer game, there always has been an Alice for every generation. Laura gives her rendition of Alice as a young Goth girl, a little sullen but also wistful, meeting the infamous White Rabbit.

"As a child I loved Alice in wonderland. A few summers ago I picked the book up and although I was very familiar with the story, reading it as an adult revealed a darker, stranger dream world than I had imagined in my younger years. It inspired me to do a slighly older version of Alice with a bit of a Gothic twist. For the painting I used Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário